Posted on Aug.02, 2011, under Automobiles
(Nikon D700, 28-300mm at 98mm, ISO 200, 1/1000 sec @ f/5.6)
Here’s another shot taken at the 2011 Concours d’Elegance of America held in Plymouth, Michigan. This one shows a detail of the engine cowling of a 1940 Packard 180 Convertible Victoria. The Packard Motor Car Company started life in 1899 as the Ohio Automobile Company. Packard started the company after accepting a challenge from Alexander Winton to build a better car than was being produced by the Winton Motor Carriage Company. The Winton company was one of the first companies to sell motor cars and Packard had complained to Winton about the quality of his car. Packard changed the name of his company to the Packard Motor Car Company in 1902 and moved to Detroit in 1903.
Not much to say in the way of processing. The main changes were to reduce the vibrance a bit to eliminate some of the blue sky which was reflecting in the chrome and to make some minor tweaks in contrast.
Here’s a quick shot of the full car:
Copyright © 2011 James W. Howe – All rights reserved.